What's Their Best Song? #5: Blur

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by BLUR

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Blur in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

6 Likes

This edition on WTBS is a special birthday request from @TheBarbieMovie2023, and who could ever say no to her.

10 Likes

Continuing the theme of only being interested in every other WTBS, I will be participating with this one…

10 points to Feel Good Inc.

They did that song 2 didn’t they? that one or the one with the bloke from Quadrophenia.

AS if it needs a thread!

Oh that’s by Gorillaz actually, this thread is about Blur, my apologies for the confusion.

2 Likes

Easy mistake to make seeing as Blur don’t have any good songs :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: thread starting well!

feel bad acting like a child now i know this is a birthday thread!

Well if you will insist on not reading things properly!

1 Like

I didn’t get this far in life reading everything properly now did i!

1 Like

Who did!

1 Like

Fucks sake @Funkhouser I wanted a Blue best song thread so I could give 10 points to U Make Me Wanna!!! Not Blur!!! More like Bleugh!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fuming. Can’t believe you’ve ruined my birthday like this.

But IF YOU INSIST…

3 Crazy Beat
2 Roll With It
2 Sir Elton John’s Cock
1 Bang
1 Clint Eastwood
1 Ernold Same

10 Likes

Fairly blue :smiley:
(the language of course :wink: )

2 Likes

As if I haven’t made copies of all the messages you sent me begging for a BLUR thread for the inevitable event of these outlandish and slanderous claims.

1 Like

It’s actually called Arnold Layne, and it’s by Mike & The Mechanics. Easy mistake to make, as that was the spin-off band of Blur’s lead singer Dr Mike Alban

1 Like

You’re thinking of It’s My Life

3 Likes

FWIW my vote will be to monarchise this banger:

1 Like

Thats by ‘Albarn Jovi’ iirc.

2 Likes

No, you’re thinking of this song (also 10 points, please)

It’s this isn’t it?

6 Likes