**Word Up! You knew it was coming… It’s the Official Dismas Christmas Song Challenge 2016**

dismas
christmassong

Hello readers old and new!

For five years now, a month before Christmas, some dissers (that’s anyone who reads this website, including you by the way) write and record a Christmas themed song and submit it for an online album.

It’s for all levels of ability (and recording quality) and all submissions are welcome. It’s more about the joy of expression, creativity and Christmas rather than just being about sounding like Bing Crosby’s Christmas anus.

Though Bing Crosby’s Christmas Anus sound like an ace metal band.

Anyway, some info below but… The deadline for submissions is THURSDAY 22 DECEMBER 2016.

Cool! Are there any rules?

There are almost no rules, but have a look at these five guidelines for more info:

I’ve got other questions?

Then read the FAQs bro!

Got any examples of previous submissions?

Holy moly, yes! There’s four previous Christmas compilations to wade through. Take a listen to all of these festive gems right here: http://dismaschallenge.tumblr.com/Listen

HOW TO SUBMIT:

1. SoundCloud are super lame arseholes and have only gone and removed the groups functionality. So please post a link to your SoundCloud track in this thread below and I’ll repost it onto the Dismas 2016 official playlist which is also on soundcloud here

2. OR email the link to your track (soundcloud or anything else) to: dismasschallange@gmail.com

3. Remember! WE NEED A WAV FILE - A wav file of your track will also mean it can go on the official Bandcamp record! You can send me your wav file three easy ways:

a) Email the wav file to: dismasschallange@gmail.com - (spelt weird so get it right!)
b) Send it via Google docs/drive (gmail might force you to do this but it works)
c) Let your soundcloud track be downloadable and I’ll download it for you (.wav only remember)
FYI, here’s the bandcamp site: https://dismas.bandcamp.com/

Festive love to you all. Now get writing and recording already – You have until 22 December!

P.S. I have no idea why this is posted in the Music forum but it seems to be what’s happened every year. Sorry Sean.

Are you all aware Moker's doing the annual Christmas album again?
Hello. In a week or so I'm posting the
:christmas_tree: DiS Christmas Song Challenge 2017 :christmas_tree:

THIS HAS CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE

Yay!

wonder if i’ll actually bother this year or just pretend that i will and then never actually do

I’m writing a song called “Bing Crosby’s Christmas Anus”

I usually do this. I will try to join in again this year, but I have a baby these days, which might get in the way…

I’d like to say I’ll do this, but will probably not get round to it as usual.

But maybe!!!

I’ll have a crack(er)

Yeah! I thoroughly enjoyed this last year so will be having a go again this year.

One song already up on soundcloud! Now that’s what I call speedy. Was emailed wav yesterday too.

Is there aaaaanything to be said for having another mass?

Actually, I want to know if this could be a sticky thread - @1101010 ?

C’mon lads, it’s once a year, don’t do it for me, do it for the children.

I’ll see if I can do something

Ok I’m doing something

Afraid my editing options don’t stretch to making a post pinned, so far as I can see. Maybe @Parsefone can? I think @plasticniki is still biking biking biking right now.

Done it (on my way back now aren’t I)

ARE YOU DOING THIS ON A PLANE?!

God bless you all and merry Christmas.

DING DONG MERRILY ON HIGH
THE CHRISTMAS BELLS ARE RINGING
DING SING MERRILY ON HIGH
YOUR UNDERWEAR IS MINGING

WOOOAAHHOOOAAAHHOOOHHHOOHAAHHHOHHAOOHH etc.

I’ll definitely make something for this! I do hate Christmas though, will try and find a non-obnoxious way to fit that in.

Can we bang some sleigh bells over @ma0sm’s My Vitriol ditty?