Wu Tang/Public Enemy/De La Soul megatour

Any idea how much tickets will be for London?

Saw Wu Tang do 36 Chambers at Lovebox last year and had a great time. They seemed pretty into it, with GZA popping off champagne here and there. Was quite something to that number and quality of MC’s in one place.

Can definitely see how it could be a shambles though. Ghostface Killah at the Southbank Centre a couple of years ago ran like a weird karaoke. Should have seen his show at that venue in itself as a warning sign tbf.

I’d say if you’re going to go to this, go for De La Soul and Public Enemy, who are generally much better live. Then you’ll get a bonus Wu gig which may or may not be a shambles.

If I was mainly in it for the Wu, I wouldn’t pay whatever the outrageous price the tickets will inevitably be.

3 Likes

They’ve been touring Aus/NZ with the full line-up, including ODB’s son in his place. Reviews were pretty enthusiastic, but I got a subtext that the shows weren’t actually that good, it was more that it was great to see them all in the same room.

I can see 3 x 1.5 hour sets being a bit of a slog, but got added to a WhatsApp group today and a lot of my mates are really up for it. I think it could be a fun night of Premier spinning old classics and seeing loads of old faces but I really can’t be arsed - think I just need to stop being a miserable shit and go.

1 Like

Have seen individual Wu members live and it be great. Basically depends on the sound being set up properly. I’ve never seen the Wu when it doesn’t sound like an absolute mess. As in, it’s not been set up properly, the vocals are muddy as fuck in like all of the mics, the beats are a mess.

It’s a fairly recurrent problem in hip hop in general (it particularly infuriates me that so many venues find it so hard to set up two fucking turntables and a single microphone not to sound like shit) but seems particularly bad with the whole crew on stage.

2 Likes

That Glasto show was a lot of fun, really perked me up in that shit weather. I feel they’d be pretty bad without Method Man though

2 Likes

75 quid plus fees for standing

:grimacing:

The 02 presale tickets are an eye opener
Standing + fees is like ÂŁ85
Good seats are around ÂŁ100
Cheap seats £65 (in the rafters) now I’m not so sure. Might just go to Great Escape instead and enjoy 3 days of intimate music for the cost of the cheap seats

Seriously those booking fees are outrageous

Also there are cheaper seats at 52 quid but those seats at wembley arena are just awful, especially for a rap concert, so may as well ignore them outright

Decision made.

1 Like

Ur going to buy me one? Thats very sweet of u

1 Like

Yeah ahm oot

3 Likes

Yep, too pricey for me. I’m out.

Probably a cheap ticket near the time jobbie, like Smashing Pumpkins last year.

1 Like

Can’t be shocked as tickets were always going to be of that order unfortunately…

Got mine anyway :+1:

1 Like

I set a limit of 65quid and i refuse to break it. Not shocked by the prices given the acts present but those booking fees are insulting. If i lived local id probably swallow it and go but with train tix and what not its too much

As mentioned ^upthread I’d set my own ‘red line’ (ooh, topical) of not going to gigs at Wembley Arena ever again :neutral_face: Ah well…

3 Likes

Plus it also clashes with Great Escape which on reflection ill probably enjoy more so at least i got an excuse to bail! :slight_smile: