A Thee Oh Sees Appreciation Thread

Looks like Brigid is supporting for every Nov date except for the Troxy. But yeah although Brigid appears to be playing Glasgow on the 7th, the Mother’s Network dates clash with the Osees dates on the 9th and 11th which is odd. So not sure what’s going there I’m afraid!

@jeffpistachiomagnum Hope you can get out of work on Friday bud! Let us know if you can make it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Theyve updated the poster with correct support info now

2 Likes

Great news Brigid is playing the London show. Her Baller of Apes album was one of my favourites of last year. Now just need to get there on time. If anyone sees any stage times and are able to post here it’d be much appreciated.

Does the fact they’re called ‘OSEES’ for this have any bearing on what they’ll play? Or is that not really a thing?

nah their sets are normally pretty similar - expect a smattering of various stuff from Carrion Crawler onwards mainly

might be a couple more rarities in there now since the livestream sets

1 Like

Not listened to that Brigid Dawson album until now and it’s great. Just ordered a vinyl copy from Resident (£9.99!), appears it was the last one.

1 Like

Looks like I won’t be able to make the Leeds gig next week. I’ve got 2 tickets if anyone is interested? I’ll do the pair for the price of 1 (£27.50).

DM me if interested.

Made Cardiff in the end, albeit very last minute. Missed Brigid sadly but osees were excellent. Felt a bit quiet in there given the last time they played was sold out. Setlist: well established but very banging. Loved it.

1 Like

I got there at 8.10 and Brigid was finishing up. Met up with @WizardLizard who was there earlier and due to issues she only managed two songs in the time she had which was gutting as I was looking forward to seeing her after getting into the album late in the day.

OSees were (to no one’s surprise) superb.

2 Likes

Yeah Dwyer mentioned something about delays in customs so that was a real shame. Did also kinda hope that Brigid might come on for a song or two during the OSees set but that’s a minor quibble. Overall I thought the show was a riot with the band really tightly smashing through the set. Was really glad to get an outing of The Daily Heavy and some cuts from Protean Threat. Definitely felt like the band could have kept on going if they hadn’t had to abide by the 10pm cut off.

Meant to include the setlist for anyone that is interested:

Was great hanging out as always @chadders - hope you managed to catch your train! Will let you know about Part Chimp.

My backside hit the seat and the train pulled away, perfect timing!

2 Likes

Just home from the Liverpool show. Awesome gig, played everything I’d hoped they would and plonked myself right at the front between the kits.

No 10pm cutoff for us. Loved the venue too.

12 Likes

Troxy tonight. Absolutely cannot wait. Anyone have a spare ticket byanychance

2 Likes

Stage times:

Doors 7pm Brigid Dawson & The Mothers Network 7pm Container 7.45pm OSEES 8.45pm Curfew 11pm *times approx Please arrive early & expect queues due to current Covid checks

Troxy also tweeted there’s tickets left:

Final tickets:

https://troxy.co.uk/event/osees/

2 Likes

They were predictably great last night in Leeds.

6 Likes

outstanding photos dude!

3 Likes

Just spent half an hour scrolling through their catalogue to find a song I had stuck in my head. Got a lot don’t they.

(was Electric War)

1 Like

That’s a fucking ace line-up. Container is brilliant.

Thanks!

Apols if this has already been mentioned, but an excellent oh sees/Dwyer one hour mix from NTS:

1 Like