Any new categories you’d like to see in 2022?

Think we’re good but just checking

Personally I think the ones we have now work pretty well. I can’t really think of anything else we might need off the top of my head.

3 Likes

One brain fart…

I think there’s enough already. The only one I really use specifically is Music to filter out the noise, otherwise I just look at all latest.

This could be a good call, but looking over the social board I kind of worry we’d be taking too much out of it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it maybe worth having a second, less grim SSP section as well as the current serious matters?

I feel like personally the police brutality, sexual assault, totalitarian politics, mass death, war, etc that make up most of the subjects in there kind of put me off popping in for a read of one of the nice threads that live there like LGBTQIA+ or Filth.

Have filth threads been going in there?? We have a Social > NSFW category almost exactly for that purpose :sweat_smile:

——————

Have also recently added a new Social > SSP as I did see a potential need for it:

——————

General reminder for everyone that all available sub-categories are visible from the front page:

2 Likes

Would there be any appetite for a ‘features’ board or similar where people could post reviews or long-reads or whatever about topics of their choosing (could just be music-related maybe?) rather than more general, succinct discussion in threads on the existing boards? Something that combines some elements of the old site with the forum format? I’ve not thought this through very much but could be an interesting thing to look into.

5 Likes

Sounds interesting, maybe something worth workshopping a little bit on one of the other boards (that get more traffic than this one) and gauge interest?

1 Like

Yeah I might make a thread on the music board later. I think keeping it to music topics initially makes sense to limit any controversial and contentious pieces that would need a stricter moderating eye.

1 Like

Maybe we should have a DiS travel guide secrion? So many «recommend me things in X» threads and they can be hard to keep track of in social and maybe for newer posters to even know that they’re there??

8 Likes

Might it be worthwhile having a puzzles and games category? Feels like the Wordle thread is overrun with other daily online puzzles but giving each one it’s own thread in entertainment feels like it they might drown out movies and TV threads in that category.

Entertainment is meant to be a catch-all for all forms of entertainment that isn’t pure music, so I would definitely encourage making separate threads for separate games and puzzles!

5 Likes

Fuck me YES

1 Like

Travel is an interesting suggestion. Could be good to have those sorts of threads easily findable. Though, I suppose the danger is that if they’re taken out of Social, they’d significantly lose traffic/input. Maybe it’s a tag issue?

I mean, that’s a potential challenge with all of the other sub-forums. But I think it’s worked alright with the other “new” ones really.

2 Likes

NFTs

The entire DiS community is one big NFT

1 Like

Opinions

1 Like

That’s a good call, we don’t tend to get any of those on here now