DiS Users' February 2017 Album Of The Month

Vote for your favourite album and also your second and third choices. Make your selections clear please as it makes tallying up the scores easier. If you list a whole bunch of albums without making your selections clear I’ll take the first three mentioned as 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. No joint positions please. Sorry to be a pedant.

Your album of the month will get three points, 2nd placed album two points and 3rd placed album one point. If you name only one album I’ll give that three points. If you name two albums I’ll score them with three and two points accordingly.

A very weak month for me and looking at the releases tomorrow (24th Feb) there doesn’t look like there’s much to improve February for me. Hopefully, you guys have discovered some gems to change that for me.

My choices without too much conviction:

1. Noveller - A Pink Sunset For No One
  2. Novella - Change Of State
    (Slightly confusing band names with releases within a week of each other with Noveller playing Kings Place tomorrow and Novella The Shacklewell Arms the day after.)
  3. MUNA - About U

Please forgive any shameless bumps of this thread during the week. I’ll keep this thread open until Sunday 5th March and so you’ll have over a week to listen to tomorrow’s releases before choosing.

Vote now!! (Or later in the week) but make your choices clear please.

Will hold fire until the new BJM album - Don’t Get Lost - drops (supposedly) tomorrow …

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Pissed Jeans and Thundercat all release new albums tomorrow - just in case any of those might be of interest BMS1

as do Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (diminishing returns in recent years but I’m hopeful) and Peter Silberman (The Antlers front man)

1. PRIESTS - NOTHING FEELS NATURAL
  2. TINARIWEN - ELWAN
  3. RYAN ADAMS - PRISONER (was all ready to ignore this one. alas…)

possible that some of these weren’t released this month. stuff seems to get released in retrospect these days. confusing to an old fossil. input Lawrence English - Cruel Optimism if so. thanks again BMS1. always a good thread.

2 Likes

Priests’ was my number 2 pick for last month. I didn’t realise until a fellow DiSer said on here that the digital release was last month and physical release was February. These AOTM threads are just a bit of fun and so I tend to count votes for those releases in both months. Priests will be included; a brilliant album.

1 Like
  1. Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now
  2. Lowly - Heba
  3. Dirty Projectors - Dirty Projectors

Oh cool, I check those out at the weekend too! I actually never got round to listening to the fourth Clap Your Hands album so maybe I’ll put that on too. Cheers!

Sinkane - Life & Livin’ It
Sacred Paws - Strike a Match
Moon Duo - Occult Architecture Vol.1

1. Moon duo - Occult Architecture
  2. Great Ytene - Locus
  3. Julie’s Haircut - invocation and ritual dance of my demon twin.
  1. The Necks - Unfold
  2. Kairon; IRSE! - Ruination
  3. Noveller - A Pink Sunset for No One

PVT - New Spirit

What a grim, horrible, dry month. Let’s never talk about it ever again.

1 Like

That Kairon IRSE stuff is really good👍

The Menzingers - After the Party
Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads (does this count?)
The Courtneys - The Courtneys II

1. Sun Kil Moon - CALALARVOB
  2. Jesca Hoop - Memories Are Now
  3. Mahatma X - Mobtown Suite Volume 1

didnt like the CYHSY 3rd one very much, but was pleasantly surprised by Only Run. havnt been blown away by any of the singles from this one, though.

also, new luyas out today, sounds amazing on first listen

Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies
Strand of Oaks - Hard Love
Lawrence English - Cruel Optimism

Not really unfortunately. It’s a reissue.

Surprised this is the first shout for Jesca Hoop. Definitely going to be in my top three

1 Like