ENG vs SA Test series - all hail President Root 🦗

susanalbumrahparty
sheeranalbumparty
summerishere
redballcricket

A gorgeous day in London and a beaut of a green grassy wicket at Lords. First Test captaincy job for Rooooooot who won the toss and chose to bat. Should probably retire now with that 100% real quiz record.

Could Ballance still be mince?
Why is Dawson in the side?
Keaton Jennings :confused:
Rabada is a bit good.
Elgar makes his captaincy debut too.
Fucking love Wood.
Feel like I haven’t watched Broad and Anderson bowl in years.

Feel underprepared for this but I just wanted to say I love test cricket.

If Ballance makes three figures I will stand up on the desk in my next Year 9 lesson and sing ‘I’m a little teapot, short and stout’.

The descent to 30/3 has begun!

Gaz Baz coming out in knitwear :confused:

Tuning in for a bit of Blofeld

You pretty much covered it, but when I read that I came here to say it’s all downhill from here

I don’t really have anything against Ballance, and I don’t even think he’s that bad a selection on current form, but… it’s so hard to get excited by him playing.

And as I write, Jennings is gone. Well, at least we bat all the way down.

#ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Fine, Yorkshire will have to sort this mess out again.

#SAVE US ROOTY!

Test cricket is so overrated.

Pitching outside AND missing the stumps :roll_eyes:

I don’t think I need to worry about my bet upthread.

Congrats to CCB for his early strike in getting on the Cricinfo commentary at the end of the 17th:

CCB: “I’ve read Andrew Schulz’s post about fifteen times and I can’t make sense of his maths. Can one of you enlighten me? Talk to you soon!” Welcome to my world. On we go!

And he said he was taking an internet break! You’re a bloody liar @colon_closed_bracket

Double 50 for Stokes.

In a really weird turn of situation, it would have been better for the 3rd umpire to give the Morkel review as a no ball, as they wouldn’t have lost the review. Justice, in a weird way.

#ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT