Friday new releases 20 March 2020

Definitely going to be listening to Las Kellies later on. If you haven’t heard them, they’re a bit ESG-ish.

4 Likes

new christian loffler

2 Likes

Really looking forward to completely ignoring the new Morrissey album out today

10 Likes

Ah thank you so much!

Tell you what lads, neighbour outside cutting his grass is really not adding to my enjoyment of this Ian William Craig record :unamused:

Enjoying the new Christian Loffler. It’s very polite Guardiantronica but it’s probably what I need in a week like this.

New Bernholz album. Kind of minimal experimental electronic pop. He’s married to and performs with Gazelle Twin.

Lovely stuff so far.

Modern Rituals - This Is The History

Bristol via London based noise-rock, their second album features loads of angular melodies and sludge. On Holy Roar.

2 Likes

This is my first time listening to Baxter Dury, I’ve been missing out!

Sounds like a cockney 80’s Leonard Cohen. Brilliant stuff.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely superb. His career has been on a steady upward curve. His early albums are ok but inessential but the last one was great and this one is even better.

The better comparison I always think is Serge Gainsbourg - something about the orchestration and the way he uses the female voices against his own louche, half spoken vocals. He’s very popular in France apparently.

2 Likes

Ian Dury?

3 Likes

Read this as “brought forward for fans of the virus I believe” and almost spat my coffee out.

1 Like

What a bizarre release schedule this poor record has had. Looking forward to listening though.

New Radio Dept single out now:

3 Likes

Skalpel has a new one out.

1 Like

a Yorkston/Thorne/Khan live album has just appeared

2 Likes

There’s a Chris Forsyth x Garcia Peoples live record out today. Epic guitar shredding, ffo Television, (electric) Neil Young, Sonic Youth, etc

1 Like

Really interesting suggestions - thank you!

1 Like

bow church

Dark, gothy electronica. This is going to need to be played very loudly.

3 Likes

I used to work with David/Bow Church :smiley:

1 Like