Hamish Kilgour (The Clean) RIP

This is worrying. I know that there are fans of the Clean and Bailter Space on here - he was also in an early incarnation of Luna.

2 Likes

Really hope he’s ok

Total legend

3 Likes
5 Likes

Tragic news

Awful

Fuck sake

Gonna be another shit situation when I fully get into a band only after some tragic news like this

Fuck it all - sad news

RIP legend

Just tragic, RIP. Andrew Brough, Peter Gutteridge and now Hamish - all Flying Nun legends lost in similar circumstances.

1 Like

RIP very sad. Greatest NZ band ever IMO.

2 Likes

If you like their sound I’d highly recommend the chills who are still touring (and are lovely fellas from my own experience of chatting to em)

7 Likes

aah Sandymount. went shroom picking up there…good memories for a young Gorky’s during his larval stage

Great band! Snapper created the template for Stereolab.

3 Likes

that EP was put out in the UK on my local record shop’s label, back in the day

1 Like

Was that Avalanche in Edinburgh?

1 Like

Indeed!

in my interactions the guy has always been personable enough that this comparison feels mean, but I also always got a Bernard Black vibe off him …

1 Like

Back to the Clean and this live footage is joyous.

4 Likes

i’ve seen Wooden Shjips cover this one live

1 Like

Probably worth changing the thread name, given the tragic news.

3 Likes

Really sad news. I got really into The Clean when they played with Pavement on their first reunion. So many brilliant songs. RIP

4 Likes

I discovered the Clean when ‘Vehicle’ was released in 1990 and only got to see them once supporting Pavement at Brixton Academy on that reunion - I’m so glad that I had chance.

2 Likes