How do you pronounce Josh Homme's surname?

Ho! I'd quite forgotten about that.

Yes, like that.

he's really struggling with a lot of those isnt he. i really like "cindy...looper"

this, which I've only discovered recentlyish as well via 6music and I'm continuing with the other way for now because everyone else still does and I don't want to mark myself out for ridicule

Like he says it himself, Hommy like mommy. In related news Hüsker Dü is pronounced Hoosker Doo which Bob Mould made abundantly clear to Steve Lamacq in an interview last year by pronouncing it like that whilst Lamacq ignored him and continued to say Husker Doo, silly arse.

the mans a gigantic arsehole, who cares

Monet Love

ye but i like his singy songs

Hom May, didn't know this until about a year ago though and it feels wrong saying it like that!

Yeah, hommy is how he says it.

I guess it's probably 'wrong', as in I'm assuming it's literally the French word Homme but it's got changed by English speakers over time. See also
Wagner not being pronounced with a V sound at the start
Doherty having no 'Dock' starting
Pittsburgh not pronounced like Edinburgh despite being named by a Scotsman

yeah this one is annoying so stop doing it you english fucks.

if Homm-y is just americans fucking up the french then i'm happy to keep saying it Hom.

Looks like it might be a Norwegian name, but I've got no idea. maybe @whiterussian might have a better idea than me?

Ha, was half expecting you to tell me it wasn't exactly a ck sound but something a bit more subtle

hot take: I don't like him or his music.

oh wait now i'm wondering if you mean it the other way around? cos it should just be a H sound, nothing more.

also the second G in Gallagher is supposed to be silent.

None of those names look Nordic to me mate

So is Doe erty right? I thought Irish people gave it a sound there?

it's pronounced literally the way it's spelled. Doherty. Daw-her-tee.

it's funny how english people usually complain about irish names NOT being spelled phonetically and then when they're confronted with one that is they make up their own various pronunciations of it. i'm guessing they stem from phonetic, mispronunciations of Docherty and Dougherty that have carried over even to the least complicated, most phonetic spelling somehow.

Ah okay, interesting. Basically I hear both and as one wasn't phonetic I just presumed that would be the Irish one. Cheers.

Yeah it's an easy assumption to make which is probably why it's so widespread. i don't know if there are regions of ireland that pronounce it dockerty but i've never heard it said that way here at least.