Final Fantasy 14 2.67
Sonic Adventure 2 2.62
Sonic Generations 2.53
Final Fantas 15 2.53
Sonic 4 2.47
Final Fantasy 13 2.1
Final Fantasy 11 1.88
Sonic (2006) 1.67

Remember when Valve used to make games? I mean cool games, not weird hobby games. Here are some of the notable ones to bicker about

Half-Life

0 voters

Half-Life 2 if you played the episodes we’ll just count them as Half-Life 2, k?

0 voters

Team Fortress 2

0 voters

Left 4 Dead

0 voters

Left 4 Dead 2

0 voters

Portal

0 voters

Portal 2

0 voters

Counter-Strike

0 voters

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

0 voters

DOTA 2

0 voters

Day of Defeat

0 voters

Garrys Miod

0 voters

Artifact

0 voters

Ban request

No need, it’s already dead.

1 Like

I keep meaning to play through Black Mesa now that it’s been so long since I played Half Life that I can’t remember any of it, but I really can’t be arsed with shooting games any more.

Also it’s still totally baffling to me that DOTA 2 (and the other one) are so insanely popular. Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

I really want a new Left4Dead. Vermintide 2 is SO GOOD but whenever I play it I just wish I were playing L4D3 :frowning:

League of Legends? Great game with an AWFUL community. Just has a steep learning curve is all :frowning: Immensely satisfying once you get good at them, but only about in 1 in 5 games give the feeling that these games can only give. Winning a game of League/DOTA that is tightly contested is one of the most amazing feelings in gaming, shame the other 4 games are usually either Drawn out or full of Toxicity.

It’s still staggering how few games - especially FPSs - seem to have taken the lessons from Half Life onboard, and instead keep on making the same lazy decisions.

2 Likes

Half Life 1 and 2 and the Portal games are all insanely good. Like, so good they completely reframed how I thought about computer games and made everything else a bit of a disappointment.

1 Like

Lol I rated them all 5 apart from DOTA

You didn’t include TFC! I was really resistant to Team Fortress 2 and never reallllly got into it although it does look like it improves on TFC and everyone seems to be having fun.

Day of Defeat was my number one game when I was younger played it every weekend and got told off for being online all Saturday. It was definitely the most atmospheric WWII online game for me. I loved how one map had a little record player with Edith Piaf playing on it and another with the Andrews Sisters. Day of Defeat source was great too and modernised everything and I really liked that one too.

Counterstrike was too hard for me. Liked it a bit but never got into it as much as Team fortress with it’s silliness and Day of Defeat with it’s atmosphere and teamwork.

oh yeah left 4 dead 1 & 2 also great. After Day of Defeat all my online playing was on the left4deads

I think most of Valve’s games are overrated. I played through all the HL2 stuff earlier this year and it was all right but just kinda… eh. It didn’t have anything going for it to make it stand out. This opinion excludes the Portal games obviously cause they’re absolute bangers.

I think context is kinda key of HL 2. It came from a very different era of FPS. There wasn’t much else so mechanically competent paired with a focus on narrative and cinematic direction. Going back to it, its just a cool game with a decent story and stellar atmosphere… but it’s hardly the mindblowing game it once was

BRING ME LEFT4DEAD3!!! ( I want it more than Half Life 3 or Portal 3)

Portal 2 is perfect.

Portal is PERFECT I think Portal 2, whilst still amazing 5 STARS, is a wee bit too long to be perfect

4 Likes

^ this

3 Likes

Xen- HFWI(really)

0 voters

yep. spot on. still even a satisfying ending even. just a BIT too long to get there