Julia Holter

think Loud City Song is my current fav, she’s so consistent though

6 Likes

Checked in just in time for the Hello Stranger cover :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Bumping this thread because she has a new album coming :smiling_face:

Going to prompt a discography re listen for me, been a while.

12 Likes

Woohoo. Touring US in May, so maybe over here in April or June? Looking forward to seeing her again.

1 Like

Playing London in April, not sure about other UK dates yet!

1 Like

This is so good :heart::heart:

2 Likes

I’m doing household chores whilst listening to Ekstasis on Headphones….!! It’s making cleaning the Guinea Pigs out a lot more enjoyable :+1:

4 Likes

I embarked on this shortly after Sun Girl came out (still need to find a good hour and a half to give Aviary a proper listen). Absolutely didn’t regret it. I’d say ‘To Have You In My Wilderness’ is the closest thing to a misstep and that’s still an absolute banger of an album (if a little bit stuck to one specific tone compared to her other albums)

2 Likes

Surprised by this. This is my go-to Holter. Maybe even a top-50 record OAT for me. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would agree - would say that’s her best album. Saw her on the tour and it was absolutely magical stuff…

2 Likes

This is gorgeous

Anything featuring that chorus-y 80’s fretless bass sound gets my vote. This is superb.

This is out on Friday.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

9 Likes

Love Julia Holter but I can’t for the life of me figure out which thread the new album’s artwork should go. All I know is Georgia O’Keeffe is probably grinning in her grave.

• Best Album Artwork 2024
  • Worst Album Artwork 2024
0 voters

Same day as the Smile concert

Wahoo!

The people have spoken!

Never in doubt! Julia has a strong album art game. :framed_picture:

2 Likes

I do like it, but can’t look at it without getting hung up wondering whether the plant people are wrestling or fisting.

1 Like

Gentle nudge to remind everyone that new JH is out today! Initial signs are that it’s unsurprisingly excellent! :heart:

1 Like