• Ocean’s 8
  • In the Fade
  • Drift
  • Leave No Trace
  • Sicario 2: Soldado
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

only saw hereditary and oceans 8 :neutral_face:

Didn’t realise In The Fade had only come out now. Watched it at a festival months ago and was absolutely stunned in every way.

saw The Trip to Spain on friday :+1::+1:

is it the best film trilogy of all time? I’m gonna say…yes

Lek and the Dogs please. Not seeing ‘Leave No Trace’ until the 8th, but have high hopes for it

going to see Leave No Trace today. only new film I saw last month was In The Fade…6/10

what did you reckon to the third act (the revenge bit)?

Can’t wait for Whitney,

I thought incredibles 2 came out ages ago

that was incredibles 1 :wink:

Where’s Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom?

It’s been out in the US (and maybe elsewhere) since the middle of June but the UK is getting it for school holidays I guess.

(Although it screened at the Edinburgh film fest last weekend and Cineworld did a secret preview of it a few weeks back, which I was at. Thought it was great fun.)

Tag - Urgh man. Wish I’d watched more than ten seconds of the trailer before booking. Felt like something from the turn-of-the-millennium nu-metal/south park era. Felt genuinely uncomfortable at one particular enormous misstep of an attempt at “dark humour”. Waste of a decent(ish) cast and inherently quite funny premise. Particularly disappointing when they aired footage of the real-life guys behind the story at the end, those guys seemed awesome, wish they’d made a documentary about them instead.

Adrift - Shailene Woodley is absolutely brilliant in this, everything else about it is very functional and by-the-numbers. It has further hardened my anti-ocean stance though. Fuck being on a boat.

How was it? Going this evening.

I didn’t bother going (i got World Cup fever instead!)

can’t wait to see First Reformed

didn’t see a single film in the cinema last month.

Thought Sicario 2 was good, think I enjoyed it more than the first one (which I need to re-watch). It’s an effective thriller and kept me gripped throughout which is what you want with these things.

I watched the new one on Netflix, Calibre

I thought it was really quite average? felt like it had the potential to go quite culty/wicker man and be a bit odd and interesting, and that didn’t happen and it became a pretty run of the mill Thriller

I saw it at a film festival last month because I’m really really cool and stuff.
I absolutely loved it. Quite tempted to watch it again in a normal cinema with normal, non-cool people.

Basically, if you liked Winter’s Bone you’ll be fine and have a lovely time