Latitude 2019

eggs
chat
festivals
music

First line up announcement here:

So far, so Latitude - they always build to a pleasing line-up over time in fairness. Probably won’t bother with George Ezra or Snow Patrol as the main stage headliners personally, but super excited by Lana Del Rey - the TV hates her, so that makes it even better :+1:

Elsewhere, Primal Scream and Underworld are solid festival fodder natch. Pleased with the inclusions of Neneh Cherry, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Nadine Shah, Julia Jacklin, Sons Of Kemet, Baxter Dury, Anna Calvi and Cat Power.

Some decent names on the comedy banner already. The whole performing arts offering is always amazing tbh tbf.

Roll on July…

Ezra is huge for them now isn’t he? Tried to get a ticket for me mam at an arena show and it sold out in seconds

Pretty big scoop aye. The headliners in general must be their most chart friendly offering to date (although The Killers last year is probably their single biggest booking so far)…

I recall from one of the end of year quizzes that that he had the biggest single in the UK last year. Never ‘eard it.

Realised how out of touch I am and have been whacking on Radio 1 on every now and again to mixed results.

This is pretty blah so far. The vast majority of the undercard are doing the rest of the usual festivals this year. Only thing that really stands out is probably Underworld.

1 Like

I wonder what its like being in a band that used to headline festival main stages but has now moved to smaller stages, lower on the bill (I’m specifically talking about Primal Scream here)

actually I’m sure there are worse things in life

Assuming Primal Scream are headlining either Friday or Saturday night in the tent, that it still a fuck off big slot. Saw James play the Friday night tent slot last year and they had an absolutely massive crowd (full of wankers - binned it off after 20 minutes and went to see the vastly superior Solange instead).

I’m more surprised to see them below Hot Chips on the All Points East line-up tbh tbf…

Anecdotally, I saw Primal Scream headline the Saturday night of Reading back in '93. Was pretty shambolic :grinning:

yeah - I was at that Reading show too which is what led me to post it

I was tripping balls though so I can;t remember much apart from enjoying the lightshow

Joe Strummer came on for the encore I think - possibly Loaded. I was absolutely mashed too tbh tbf :+1:

1 Like

Old fart here too…was it the '94 Reading? That was the Give Out era, very wasted, Dave Gahan came on to blow some harmonica. Mick Jones came on for Jail Guitar Doors. Messy days.

That all sounds much more detailed than my account! Hazy stuff :rofl:

Have been to 8 out of the last 9 Latitudes, but that line up is not tempting me.

For your FYI, tickets on sale…

Second music line up announcement and it’s like it’s been tailor made to make me happy…

Never been super fussed fussed by Chvrches, but am psyched by the additions of Futureheads, Honeyblood, Everything Everything, Twilight Sad, Kero Kero Bonito, Let’s Eat Grandma, Girlpool and A Place To Bury Strangers. Loads of other stuff on there that I’m not familiar with but will be looking forward to checking out :+1:

1 Like

Damn. Those are some very good additions!
The Japanese House and Teleman too.
Tempting.

“ After seven years away Scottish indie legends The Futureheads are back! “

You what m8? :thinking:

1 Like

there is a fair bit going on on the second and third stages, eh?

bit of a pain to get to, though.

1 Like

Sounds legit. Pretty sure I head that they were from Sutherland right?

2 Likes

Singing with their thick Scottish accents

2 Likes

100 :open_mouth: new acts added to the line-up:

Loads of comedy and performing arts stuff. From the music additions, excited for Self Esteem, Whyte Horses, Pigs x7, Ben Folds…