Music League 7 šŸŽ· - The Cult of Music League! - Round 1 - Classic Rock

Starts on Monday 21st March.

Link to music league 7

https://musicleague.app/l/54e41c037f2f410e911088ae4c911c59/

First round theme is Classic Rock! :metal:t3:

Not revealing all the rounds straight away (mainly because Iā€™m waiting on the choices to appear in my mailbox) but the first two rounds are up!

More will be revealed over the coming days! :saxophone:

5 Likes

Is classic rock a genre or a period :thinking:

1 Like

oh no

3 Likes

So this is whatā€™s happened while Iā€™ve been awayā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™ve submitted an absolute banger but Iā€™m worried I might hate 75% of the playlist

4 Likes

Think Iā€™ve only really got one choice if I go vintage, few more options if I go for modern classic rock ā€¦ but only one band in there I truly love

Finally a round where you can say if I donā€™t know it Iā€™m not voting for it.

2 Likes

So ā€œClassic Rockā€ basically refers to any genre of rock thatā€™s a classic, right? Lol

1 Like

Hmmm, Iā€™m totally missing @anon73286315ā€™s wrestling song round idea right about now. Or any round idea!

I guess itā€™ll be hard to identify the @ma0sm song this time though!

Think I can guess what youā€™ve picked

1 Like

YES! The sub-title to this round is DEATH TO INDIE-POINTS!

It is my round. I just wanted a playlist with no pretence, just pure stupid fun. Appreciate that it wonā€™t be to everyoneā€™s taste

9 Likes

Really looking forward to this!

2 Likes

So emphasis on rock not specifically 70s/80s ā€˜classic rockā€™? Happy to follow either approach of course!

1 Like

I donā€™t really care that much. I would expect more from that era, but it really doesnā€™t matter that much. But I would argue do you really think of, say, Baroness or Kvlertak when the term ā€œclassic rockā€ is banded around? Would you really put them on at a party?

I just want a more light-hearted playlist.

4 Likes

Aw so no sad indie boy covers of Dancing in the Moonlight :frowning:

Woah, speaking of

1 Like

What would you hear on Absolute Rock? That sort of stuff.

I donā€™t envisage this round being a voyage of discovery for many.

I think we all agree the wrestling round is too good ro miss out on so we should just add a round for it to keep @paulo13 happy

1 Like

Gotcha, currently imagining being at a classic rock party, and enjoying it actually. Thereā€™s folk with long hair and posh accents sipping martinis, 3 or 4 doing a little dance around the orange and brown living room, but most just occasionally nodding heads toā€¦ sorry canā€™t tell you as itā€™s my song selection for this round.

1 Like