New Releases 30/10/2020

Great week last week. So much good stuff. But that was last week. So whatcha all got today?

Started my morning with a little Suuns, their new Fiction EP is great if you like minimalist dark electro mixed with a bit of art/plodding indie rock with a hint of an Arabic influence. As I do. Try it with black coffee.

Lot’s more to try today: Eels (up next), Elvis Costello (for old times sake, not expecting much), Oneohtrix Point Never and Andrew Bird at the very least for me.

Now, over to you folks …

1 Like

Got the OPN come in early which I was listening to all Thursday. Did not know there was new Andrew Bird!

Mr. Bungle!
Oneohtrix Point Never- Magic Oneohtrix Point Never
Post Moves- Cut Into Your Own Dimension (electronic, experimental)
Puscifer- Existential Rocking
Suuns- Fiction EP
Nothing- The Great Dismal (shoegaze/dream pop/alt)

3 Likes

That’s great! Guess that’s the point of the thread, right, @manches? Or at least partly. I know I get a lot of great steers from this thread. Probably my number one source for new music these days. Actually, not probably. Definitely. Enjoy!

1 Like

TOBACCO has a new album.

2 Likes

Emma Ruth Rundle & Thou - who knows… doom-grunge?

Black Foxxes - sprawling but punchy alt-rock (ffo Smashing Pumpkins and Placebo)

Ba’al - blackened post-metal

4 Likes

Totally forgot about Mr. Bungle. Added to my playlist :+1:

2 Likes

Nothing for me today

3 Likes

Obviously the new Autechre album that dropped on Wednesday and Oneohtrix Point Never.

New one on Disintegration State which I think is excellent. Starts off with some Emeralds vibes, traverses through thundering kicks, haunted memories of jungle, and into genuine ambient.

8 Likes

The Ariana Grande is the big release today

Jasmine Guffond has an album out today, I only really know Traced and Yellow Bell but enjoy them both. Descriptor…minimal electronic music maybe? (at least her older stuff was)

1 Like

Bring me the horizon
Mr Bungle
Puscifer
Nothing
Eels

Didn’t know about Andrew Bird either, so I’ll have a listen, even though I don’t think I’ve found a whole album of his that I love. Link for convenience:

And hadn’t realised that the new Eels album was out today. Normally I would have pre-ordered the cd a while ago.not sure how hopeful I am, but will probably still buy it just to complete my collection!

Krakow Loves Adana - A Night To Remember
I think this looks like a sort of Halloween timed ep release? They released an album a month or two ago that I didn’t pay attention to begin with, but have ended up loving and playing lots, so I should love this too. Sort of 80 synthy pop songs.

Somni - Beats Volume I
It does indeed sound like beats. Electronic tunes and bleeps.

Jakaszek - Gardenia
I loved the last album, as did @static. Just skimming through this one and it seems to be missing the vocals that I loved from the last album. Mind of bleak soundscapes.

MOTTRON - Giants
Slow electro-poppish album?

Jose Luis Andervel
Mexican chap who now lives in Iceland. Can’t tell if this is a standalone ep or one of those annoying spotify partial releases of an album. Sounds lovely though. Great voice and delicate music for you to relax to.

Ane Brun - After The Great Storm
Norwegian singer songwriter lady, but not just solo acoustic sounds. I’ve never properly investigated her before, but sounds promising.

Glass Vaults - Sounds That Sound Like Music
Can’t even remember putting this guys on my follow list. New Zealand band. Psychedelic pop apparently.

Edit, one more:
Stella Somner - Northern Dancer
She’s in a German band called Die Heiterkeit who had a theatrical German sung album I liked a couple of years ago. This is in English and sounds more accessible and quite lovely from this first song I’m listening to now.

6 Likes

I’m interested to check out Swirling, the Sun Ra Arkestra’s first studio album in twenty years

4 Likes

Pretty hilarious looking at albumoftheyear for today’s releases. Was wondering why all these dark metal looking album covers…

Dawned on me after awhile…

3 Likes

dizzee

Sun Ra

John Jeffrey - drummer of moon duo in lovely instrumental scapes

King Khan - garage rock psychedelia instrumental

Leon - swedish pop

New Jim White

Bit of Cliff to finish on guys

2 Likes

ARIANA GRANDE

2 Likes