Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2022

It’s a little bit over-long but in small(er) doses, the new Crippled Black Phoenix album is one of the best albums I’ve heard in ages. If you like it epic, hypnotic, cinematic, 80s and slightly goth tinged then I can’t recommend it enough, so good

1 Like

I still haven’t worked out if I like it. And some of it is very New Model Army and I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I think that’s a big part of why I like it so much, the retro-80s flavoured post rock thing it does. Ghostland sounds like Holy Fawn meets the Lost Boys soundtrack

1 Like

Ghostland is great.

1 Like

I was pretty late to the party with them, Ellengæst was the first album of theirs I really got into and it absolutely blew me away. Really need to go back and listen to their earlier stuff

1 Like

that’s a pretty good place to start really. One of the least bloated of their releases

1 Like

This is good fun, old school hardcore but mixed with some classic rock/brass elements. Hard to describe but someone said its Poison Idea meets Turbonegro

Pretty brutal death metal. OSDM in sound but its a bit redundant saying that these days. Cavernous groovy and riffy. Probably worth checking out if you enjoy some Blood Incantation

Not new but been getting into this - Novae Militiae

Raw evil sounding black metal from france. Pretty unsettling and relentless. Old school sounding grimness. Not many nice bits. Highly recommended.

Osserp - Grind and Black Metal influenced furious death metal from Barca…these are pretty ripping

Greber - These cover all sorts so god knows how to describe them. Botch influenced grind maybe? fuck knows. sounds pretty good on first listen though

2 Likes

Oh man, this is bloody great.

Does sound exactly like Turbonegro (Duke of Nothing-era) as well. Bit of Fucked Up as well in the vocal delivery too.

1 Like

4 Likes

what’s it called? i can’t get the link to work…

Intensive Care - That We Be Made Worthy

I can’t find anything else online apart from the Apple Music stream I had on this morning, only their previous stuff including a split with Full of Hell. Bizarre!

1 Like

cheers…

On Iron Lung (making it a difficult google - ‘intensive care and iron lung’ :rofl:

One of my favourite labels so im in!

1 Like

that’s a different album altogether, this one’s not on Iron Lung and the tracklist differs

1- The Promise of Christ
2- Behind Every Closed Door
3- Our Fault
4- Incisors
5- O Blessed Tongue
6- Taxonomy of Rats
7- Beds of Pain
8- Whatever You Give Away At Death
9- At The Foot of The Mountain

maybe it will surface as the day progresses and Canada wakes up

2 Likes

How confusing!

I see they feature folks from The Endless Blockade which is pretty great pedigree (the split with Iron Lung is ace)

1 Like

its up on youtube/google play music

banging!

1 Like

The new Gaerea album is ace, loads more punchy and varied than the last one

1 Like

uh oh

4 Likes

Oh god

1 Like