Supergrass

Only said to my mate this morning that i’d be all over a Supergrass reunion show

I am all over this

Adore them

I have a theory that St Petersburg is the most universal song ever. Have played it to my nan, my mum, friends of all persuasions, all love it.

3 Likes

Absolute banger

2 Likes

Might try and do a top 5:

Strange Ones
Caught By The Fuzz
Sun Hits The Sky
Mansize Rooster
St. Petersburg or Seen The Light

Hmm.

It’s not Me (best song by miles)
Seen The Light (this was sun hits the sky)
Moving
Caught By The Fuzz
Faraway

That was tough. Should listen to Road To Rouen again, never really caught me before

1 Like

She’s so loose
In it for the money (when the horns kick in, phwoar)
Wait for the sun (better than most band’s a-sides
Going Out
Caught by the fuzz

Something like that. Mainly all bangers really arent they?

2 Likes

used to really rate that album but these days I think it’s pretty tepid on the whole. That track is sort of good though

if even you think it’s ‘sort of good’ then I think that proves my point

1 Like

Can’t believe I left this out.

1 Like

Top 5:

Moving
It’s Not Me
St Petersburg
Late in the Day
Kiss of Life

Also, Gaz Coombes came into my pub once after he’d played at Komedia next door (I was working so couldn’t go) and can confirm he’s a top lad and fucking loves a Kronenbourg.

3 Likes

Great choices. Caught by the fuzz in particular is two minutes of perfection.

Shocked at the lack of love for Richard III. What a song.

6 Likes

Cheapskate
I’d Like To Know
Richard III
Grace
Sitting Up Straight

I will be all over a reunion show. Great band

1 Like

sort of good though. I think their other albums are better, except for the dreary self titled one

ooh, my fave 5:

I’d Like to Know
Richard III
Caught By the Fuzz
Moving
Sun Hits the Sky

HERE COMES MY MUM
WELL SHE, SHE KNOWS WHAT I’VE DONE

10 Likes

I’d always need Richard III in any best of I did TBH. Such a great track.

1 Like

Not sure you can actually hear the album anywhere but their producer on the first album was Sam Williams

He was in a band called ‘The Mystics’ who had one album that disappeared and I guess isn’t available now. But it was interesting to hear as it was very similar in style to I Should Coco.

This retrospective documentary came out at the same time as their best of. It’s one of those rare straight-to-DVD releases that could have been a cheap cash-in but is actually really well made. One of my favourite music documentaries.

6 Likes

Saving most of my Supergrass-chat for when we do the proper HGWTR thread. All I would say is that I saw them when they did the Greatest Hits tour and it was the weirdest crowd I’ve ever seen at a gig. Loads of students with comedy stick-on sideburns, football lads and general mad eccentrics. They came on and played Lenny and the crowd just went wild