Tennis Thred 2018

Ten-year old Katy Swan is through to round two though. Plus there’s Kontabot and the Edmundinator to come for your entertainment.

In all honesty, Dimitrov vs Wawrinka in round one is an unusual treat. It’s a quality match.

Muguruza will win both the women’s and men’s singles titles.

1 Like

I hope that’s an expression of nationalistic overexuberance rather than a comment on her appearance, otherwise I’ll be forced to fight you.

Haha, yes, plus my opinion doesn’t really stand up to scrutiny either.

The Vandeweghe thing is odd…wouldn’t most players have retired by now? it’s almost as if retirement is principally used by players who think they’re going to lose anyway…

obviously, mate.

1 Like

Andy Murray is a good player to watch, even as a neutral

1 Like

This game could well be the match…

Though I’d be gutted…at least if Wawrinka is back on form it could make the latter stages more interesting

The theory being espoused is that she’s waiting for the painkillers to kick in. This is a bit frustrating for me, because the rules of my office game are that if your player goes out in round one then you get scored for the results of the winner. So the worst case scenario for me is Coco wins and then withdraws. Also frustrating because her section of the draw is a doddle.

Now that is some result for Stan. :clap:

At least I can watch the World Cup

Might mute my own thread

1 Like

man, Kvitova should never be ordained as a tournament favourite before the quarters at the very earliest
same thing happened here last year and she lost in the 2nd round

1 Like

Recommend the body serve podcast history of LGBTQ people in tennis episode btw, for anyone who might be interested

1 Like

We’ve got seats for Court no. 2 tomorrow. That means Millman v Raonic, Radwanska v Safarova, Seppi v Anderson & Tsurenko v Strycova.

Should be a good one.

3 Likes

always find it funnier when Sharapova loses to another Russian player for some reason

nice
Radwanska - Safarova could be gr8 fun and Strycova on grass is a delight

find it funny how tennis fans have been criticising Thiem for years for playing too many tournaments, and now he’s gone and admitted the same himself
https://twitter.com/ZaraLuk/status/1014215561855864832
playing a tournament the week before didn’t do him any harm at RG though tbf

We’ve got seats for court 2 tomorrow, we’ll two between 4 of us.
I’ll be he one in the ENGERLUND too and the can laaaager :grinning::wink:

Oh wait, you meant today

Yeah I don’t normally go in for “OMG Female Tennis Player is WELL fit” lark but I’ll make an exception for Muguruza. She’s just great isn’t she.