Terrible Festivals - 2020 Edition

2 Likes

EMF (acoustic) - truly what the world has been waiting forā€¦

12 Likes

14 Likes

Canā€™t imagine Clint Mansell will be turning down Hollywood commissions to do this.

I could sneer at this, but I have actually seen all of PWEI, Jesus Jones, GLC, Miles Hunt and Kingmaker 4AD live in the past 10 years. The TV LOVES a 90s nostalgia show in fairnessā€¦

1 Like

One of these days, a shine on festival is going to tip over from, ā€˜that looks okā€™ to ā€˜that actually might be good funā€™ and i might try to go.

1 Like

I would gladly enjoy the ā€œraveā€ section of their Minehead weekend, I canā€™t lie.

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s where it starts, now just a few more top acts and Iā€™m getting tempted

Theyā€™ve done a decent job this year tbf: Idlewild, Bob Mould, The Wedding Present etc.
That cruise looks dire though.

Thereā€™s some fun to be had with some of those. The two guys left in GLC are a good craic, etc but it does look suspiciously like there will be a lot of old men with acoustic gutars playing also ran hits. Get a quick trip to the dam out of it, though.

1 Like

Was saying earlier that if they had the best bits of this years November festival on a ship to Amsterdam for that money Iā€™d be tempted but not with that lineup they have for it.

1 Like

(!)

Oooh good. Itā€™s the festivals people arenā€™t keen on thread again.

tbf iā€™m going to see Babybird next week for the third time in 2 years. and itā€™ll be fucking brilliant.

1 Like

Oh aye the actual weekender is decent but a good bit of faff too.
The cruise is what I think looks dreadful. Proper lads fest vibes.

Looked up Goldie Lookinā€™ Chainā€¦ this has to be a joke, 24 albums? TWENTY FOUR ALBUMS? THREE greatest hits?

Actually really like the first Greatest Hits, some bangers on that

2 Likes

every single one of the albums is a joke Shucks, thatā€™s the point :smiley:

1 Like

Early shout for 2022 edition.

4 Likes

The only good thing about this is finally living my dream of seeing a supergroup of Ringo Starr, Roger Daltrey, Bruce Dickinson, Matt Bellamy and Som Wardner.

Not for me this: