That new Chemical Brothers album then...

Best thing they’ve done since Surrender? Possible album of the year contender?

Thought so. Glad you all agree.

8 Likes

Yep. Really enjoying it. Last couple were fine but unmemorable imho. This seems way better.

1 Like

I was surprised to see this view. I listened to the album and thought how dated and by-the numbers it was. I accept that bands have to play to their strengths, but this almost seems like pastiche.

Think the “dated” sound is a deliberate move - if anyone has the right to make a joyous old school big-beat rave album it’s the Chemical Brothers.

I much prefer this to the cool guest vocalist of the year approach they often slide into.

2 Likes

This is 100% my view. Who knew anyone would be heralding a Chem Bros album in 2019?

And We’ve Got To Try is the best thing on it and single of the year contender.

1 Like

It’s shite.

It’s fucking excellent

2 Likes

it was all right.

Mixed Reviews then, eh?

4 Likes

I’ve liked the singles. Seemed very retro, and not bad for it.

Further was fucking banging.

7 Likes
  • Album of the year
  • Worst album I’ve ever heard

0 voters

1 Like

I’ve 100% heard none of it, i really like the singles, which i really like, so i’m assuming the whole thing is rubbish and am not listening to it. Might give it a spin tomorrow though.

2 Likes

Surrender > Dig Your own hole > Exit Planet Dust >= No Geography > Come With Us > Born in the Echoes > Further >> the crap ones with songs about fish and coating stuff with zinc

…but love most of them, further included

2 Likes

Yep, is brilliant. Push The Button was their only misstep really

1 Like

I love this:

2 Likes

Every thread has become the hot takes thread.

6 Likes

Electronic Battle Weapon 10 was the last good thing they did.

So I gave this a fair shake, and I’m three tracks and fucking raving in my kitchen.

This slaps.

7 Likes