Thom Yorke Scoring "Suspiria" Remake

Me likey…Argento’s original one of my fav films of all time. Never heard of the new director but with Yorke scoring immediately piqued my interest… Thoughts?

The original soundtrack is a classic. Hope he doesn’t just make it sound like generic Thom Yorke.

Will look forward to some shite laptop beats and his nondescript mewling

7 Likes

@witches ?

i really don’t want a remake to happen :cry: . The original soundtrack is amazing and the original film is amazing.

6 Likes

Call me a negative nancy but they cant possibly do it justice.

Yeah this seems like a strange project, can’t really see it being anything other than a pastiche as the original film/soundtrack are so of their time.

Although the director (Luca Guadignino) is pretty good and apparently his latest Sufjan-scored film is supposed to be brilliant.

Yep, it’ll be terrible. Get some new material please.

Quietly optimistic. Hopefully he’ll rope Jonny in for some nightmare strings.

4 Likes

Just heard this on 6music. Absolutely lovely stuff

viscious

This is lovely quite curious about whether its an indication of what the rest of the OST is going to sound like.

very lovely indeed.

From what I know about Suspiria, I suspect the music will get progressively more sinister as it goes on

That would be brilliant. As long as its Simonettis Goblin of the current varieties on offer.
Abandoned joke: how can Thom be disrespecting himself? (in reference to your previous post)

Probably shouldn’t be remaking the film tbf.

3 Likes

Now then… this is just lovely.

Yep, Id echo the uses of “lovely” above.

1 Like

I’ll post my slight annoyance here, that I’ll prefer my horror films less than two hours long. Two and a half hours is too long.

I haven’t heard any of the links of Yorke’s tracks. I’m pretty certain that I prefer Best Or Radiohead.

Being serious for a short while, I’m hugely looking forward to the remake. The soundtrack on the original film at first really pissed me off, I thought the levels were way too loud. After a few watches of the film (maybe three); it all clicked.