Tokyo Olympics 2020/21 πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸŠβ€β™€οΈ 🚴 πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€ πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈ πŸ€Όβ€β™‚

:running_woman: :swimming_woman: :biking_man: :weight_lifting_woman: :man_cartwheeling: :men_wrestling: :woman_playing_water_polo: :woman_playing_handball:

• excited despite the circumstances
  • no longer excited due to the circumstances
  • not bothered either way
  • don’t like the olympics

0 voters

Still excited, but obviously would be a lot more excited if our trip had come off.

Excited if it happens, but it is not looking good

absolutely certain it’ll happen, even without some countries and events if they need to.

Some are withdrawing already

yeah I know.

Let’s ask our audience!

The Olympics this year:

• will not happen
  • will happen in a reduced format (fewer events/countries)
  • will happen as planned (apart from North Korea gone missing)

0 voters

Really gutted about this. Think the events with loads of fans would have been great.

Will happen in a reduced format (fewer events/countries and no fans)

1 Like

Quite like the idea of it happening with no fans and looking like a glorified school sports day.

1 Like

Senior Japanese politician with close links to the PM sees cancelling Olympics as an option. Until now, the Japanese government has maintained that the Olympics will go ahead, no matter what.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-15/senior-japan-official-signals-canceling-olympics-is-an-option

More Olympic preparation cancellations:

oof

That’s bad wording/translation on the tweet. Suga actually said that it’s possible the Games may go ahead without spectators.

They’ve done the same with the headline, here, but the article itself makes it clear what he said

1 Like

ohhh. that is bad wording :smiley:

The announcement scheduled for today has now been made

Really don’t want this to be a big damp squib but my hopes aren’t high.

What does a 100m final with no fans seem like? :cry:

Has Japan not made much headway with vaccinating the population then? I find that quite baffling

2 Likes

They started vaccinating in February. So far, only around 20 percent of the country’s 126 million people have received at least one dose. 3.6 percent of the population have received two doses.

I was going to say I’m surprised the FBPE types aren’t demanding we move the Olympics to London and regain that 2012 utopia spirit, but then I remembered the FBPE types are too busy saying it won’t be safe to leave the house again until 2023 anyway

1 Like