Tyler the creator

I love the dancing loops on Spotify

3 Likes

GET IN! Got tickets for the Monday show in September.

1 Like

Fuck I looooove his honeyed drawl - so deep and beautiful. Some of his singing sounds pretty weak to me, which is weird on such a rich-sounding album, but I guess that’ll improve with subsequent records.

Plus he puts so many filters on his voice here. He really hates the depth of it apparently (tragic - must be one of the coolest, most iconic voices in music), so wanted to make it unrecognisable here.

I really love it, for me it feels like his most accessible? It’s 90s RnB vocal melodies but also a lot of Speakerbox/love below era OutKast with the production to me. I don’t understand how people see it as a “weird” album, very pop.

Been a big fan of him since his odd future days, really great hearing him mature and change over the last few records. I think you can tell sometimes when someone’s just phoning it in after a degree of success but he always seems to put a lot of thought into all his records.

3 Likes

Ah, well I can see why he’d wanna try things that were a bit different, but hating his voice?! Absolutely crazy!

:smile:

31 Likes

Blindingly good trade in my book. Would be interesting to know what the behind the scenes manoeuvring was to lift the ban - or perhaps it was always time limited?

He’s heading for major festival headliner status imo. One of the most enjoyable live sets I’ve ever seen - and two ridiculously fun albums on the trot. Hats off.

1 Like

I can’t do this board on my phone

Totally new to ttc but my word in luv

2 Likes

This seems like a grand tradition now; Cf Snoop, Beasties, Tyler… anger the press, maybe get banned, slowly become respected, end up loveable elder statesman of rap

jpg%20large

1 Like

This was great

1 Like

Took a while for this to click for me but I think I really like it now, Gone, Gone / Thank You is unbelievably good

Never given him much of a listen before but have given this a spin, mainly due to the outfit he wore when in London recently, see uptjread.

Anyway, this is a fucking excellent record :+1:

2 Likes

Is it coming out on vinyls?

I am enjoy this album very much

1 Like

been and gone unfortunately. may get re-pressed or pop up with resellers

https://www.golfwang.com/igor-limited-special-edition-vinyl-pack/

slightly reluctant to bump this thread and ruin this cavalcade of sixes here

but I got the physical release of IGOR so am late to the party on enjoying it a lot. Think it just about pips Flower Boy for me? Continues the absolute lushness of that, and really feels like a big old sound world

2 Likes

oh shit i’m in london on the tuesday so I’d actually be able to go

but yeah, steep price adding to an already expensive week for me :confused:

although actually brixton is quite a way away from where I’m staying sooo

1 Like