2019 albums hype

Are Chromatics the new My Vitriol?

1 Like

That’s The Wrens

1 Like

More specifically delays twinned with that quote, though

tracklisting is now out of date - though yeah some of the songs might just be newly recorded versions of stuff we’ve heard before

Isn’t that basically what happened with MyVitriol - the album suddenly became a ‘rarities’ thing including songs that had been out for years, etc?

Guess maybe it gets released under the White Fence moniker when it’s a more collaborative effort, perhaps?

2 Likes

New Yorkston on Feb 22nd.

3 Likes

The new Delines album is out on January 11th. The lead singer was hit by a car, spent years in rehab and they’re finally back. Good to have them back.

They’re playing The Jazz Cafe and Rough Trade East early next year too.

1 Like

Have tix to see them in Belfast in January. Willy was telling the story of the accident at a book launch event I was at this year and it was awful. Glad Amy’s doing well now. Saw them touring the 1st lp and can confirm they’re brilliant live. Willy’s doing a solo show a few days before the Belfast gig and it’s a bit of a trek but tempting to hear some Richmond Fontaine songs again.

1 Like

New Stealing Sheep album incoming in April plus tour. First single here:

1 Like

Julia Kent has a new album in January. Track up on her bandcamp is ace. Cello goodness.

1 Like
3 Likes

New Yellow Eyes and Ustalost next year

Not intended as a direct reply!

New Deftones coming.

3 Likes

I have no idea who Jenny Lewis is, but I read that as Ringo Deathstarr and got very very excited for a moment there.

New La Dispute on the way

https://twitter.com/ladisputeband/status/1069971460465119238?s=19

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah for the new Girlpool !