Glastonbury 2019

I’ve decided that the best 3 headliners to tick all boxes next year would be Kendrick, Elton John and Rihanna

I would be staggered if Kendrick Lamar headlined Glastonbury. It’ll probably be muse, oasis, Elton…something like that.

Edit: actually if oasis reformed they’d be going straight for the megabucks so that rules out Glastonbury. Nickelback in space a good shout though I reckon.

Not enough white guitar men, sorry

1 Like

Elton John ft. Matt Bellamy?

2 Likes

There was a rumour of a Chris Martin supergroup a few years ago. Gotta be right at some point

Depends who else they get but reckon if they went safe with the other 2 headliners (macca and Arctic monkeys or something) they might go for Kendrick. He’s absolutely massive, a critical darling and apparently good live. Only thing that holds him back is not having the crossover hits that the other 2 hip hop headliners have had

Is he massive though? I’m not sure he’d pass the ‘has my mum heard of him?’ test

3 Likes

The format recently has been newish British act, older British act and wildcard. Could see some sort of The 1975/Bruno Mars/The Cure type situation.

Almost like music is consumed in different ways now innit. He was the 4th most streamed artist on Spotify last year, and damn is the 10th most streamed album ever. I’d say that qualifies as being massive, even if that doesn’t translate to being ubiquitous

Are they big enough? What sort of venues do they play on tours?

The O2 apparently. Same place Marcus and the Mumfords are playing next time round…

Blimey. Fair enough, pretty good that nowadays bands that aren’t your bag can get really big and completely pass you by and you just don’t have to listen to them (barring Ed sheeran obviously)

What, people can listen to music…through computers???

I just think his audience is different to the Glastonbury pyramid stage headliner audience, that’s all.

Kendrick Lamar wont be headlining Glastonbury

Fame Academy’s own Lemar on the other hand…

1 Like

Drake would be a better fit for the festival anyway. Kendrick for Prima please :grin:

2 Likes

Just hold on…

Sometimes Glastonbury is great in giving you the opportunity to see something you’d quite like to but wouldn’t pay for. Drake is one of those. Also one of the few biggest pop stars on the planet at the commercial peak of his career. Why not?

1 Like

I’m just hoping for the Cure. :grinning:

2 Likes

Kendrick won’t be doing it. The 1975, Muse and someone else (probably Macca) is a good shout.