New releases 15/06/18

What’s out this week then?

Just had a quick listen to the Protomartyr EP, the tracks with Kelley Deal were better than the tracks without Kelley Deal.

The new Girls Names LP is very very good too (ffo synthy droney post-punk). Bit gutted to be missing the album launch.

Rolling Blackouts full length debut is out, and it’s pretty good - nice Aussie jangle!

Also keen on the new Melody’s Echo Chamber - the single I have heard is ace

will check out Johnny Marr’s new one as well

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
Protomartyr
This lovely looking compilation from Cascine and stadium and shrines, including Julie Byrne, Bing and Ruth, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and Yumi Zouma

Looking forward to listening to the new Chromeo - reliably silly electro funk, always fun despite having not released anything really good since Fancy Footwork.

Protomartyr EP going to be first up. Christ I love this band.

Also have Tangents’ new one ‘New Bodies’ lined up.
Excited about this one.If you like the more electronic-y Portico Quartet stuff, Tortoise, Fridge and Four Tet, you’ll be right at home with them.

Streaming here if anyone cares

Melody’s Echo Chamber album is brilliance!

Check the single

So glad the new Melody’s Echo Chamber s being released…after what she went through last year.

Will put that on alongside RBCF and Leon Vynehall

Looking forward to the new Stuart Staples and Rolling Blackouts, as a few have already mentioned.

The Disintegration State sampler of course.

Nas.

Yep, jaggity jag jagging time!

11 DiSers have put together a two disc techno/ambient/drone/IDM sampler to launch our new label Disintegration State

LITE have released an EP, if very tight instrumental mathy Japanese heavy rock is your sort of thing.

Bold choice by Rolling Blackouts to start the album with the three singles they released in the run up to the album coming out.

SOPHIE’s album is out today

Apart from the Disintegration State sampler and @colossalhorse’s brilliant debut as Veins Full of Static I’m planning on getting involved with Protomartyr and now the S&S Presents thing that @rich-t has mentioned.

As well as Protomatyr and Rolling Blackouts lined up, going to be listening to the new:

• Culture Abuse (self described as kinda grunge, kinda punk, kinda hardcore, definitely a good time - singles have been really catchy so far);

• Petal (raw female fronted emo/balladry)

• Here Lie’s Man (psych-fuzz-Afrobeat - really enjoyed the debut they released last year).

Thought the Kamasi Washington album was out this week (gnashes teeth).

just played through, what a fantastic surprise at how good this is. really coherent and flows nicely.

gonna give this a go. i like ponyboy in a kind of, i dunno, daft way