Hair Metal / Glam Metal / Pop Metal / Butt Rock

some discussion bubbling up in the guns n roses hgatr thread so thought we could bring it here. im thinking we use this thread to post our favorite songs and albums and just for general hair metal discussions. obviously theres a ton of junk from this era but some of it has stood the test of time so lets talk about whats worth keeping and what should go in the bin.

if you really hate this type of music, please dont feel like you need to let us know in this thread. this is for fans only (or the inquisitive).

5 Likes

Don’t know what happened to these guys, real one-hit wonder

3 Likes

have to be honest, GnR and Van Halen aside, it’s not a genre for me

However, if lockdown has taught me anything, it’s that Animal by Def Leppard is one of the greatest rock songs of all time

7 Likes
10 Likes

Oh man, I could post 100 links in here, because I love it all. From the early stuff of Cheap Trick, Van Halen, etc. through to the explosion of wonderfully-awful glam stuff with Poison, Tigertailz, Warrant, etc. And the British efforts from Def Leppard, Little Angels, etc.

1 Like

Such. A. Banger

1 Like

I love it! GnR, Crüe, Skid Row, big hair, tight trousers, pompous, obnoxious, fun

2 Likes

I don’t want to comment due to the OP but I’m afraid I can’t stand this song

1 Like

Absolute stone cold classic. Won’t be accepting any argument.

3 Likes

but I am going to be loose with the rules and reaffirm my love for Billy Idol

7 Likes

This is the one for me

7 Likes

The full 8 minute version of White Wedding is almost perfect, except for the fact that it’s only 8 minutes long

4 Likes

I also love that Pantera were a glam rock band in their early days

1 Like

Is this the place for Bon Jovi chat?

2 Likes

Do enjoy me some Aerosmith when they’re in glam sex mode instead of syrup flavoured ballad mode

4 Likes

defo going to give his albums a full play through , especially intrigued by the cyberpunk one that is deemed one of the worst albums ever

His cover of Heroin is the most ill-conceived recording of sound that currently exists.

Not for me to decide, obvs, but I think they’re dreadful and an embarrassment to an already very embarrassing genre.

It’s going on! I’m a big fan of his Christmas record, especially for how budget the videos are

Woah yeeeeaaaahhhhaaaahhhhh

9 Likes