Solo: A Star Wars Story

Due to 25th May. Seems unlikely though.

Itā€™s going to be fucking shit, as bad as those Ewoks movies from the eighties.

1 Like

Dead Horses and How to Beat Them

10 Likes

why on earth wouldnā€™t they push it forward to the 4th
learn novelty, joy makers

5 Likes

I was gutted about Williams too - heā€™s great in Boardwalk Empire and I was looking forward to seeing him among the Solo players. I think Bettany is playing a completely new character however, he wasnā€™t a straight-up replacement.

Also, iirc, Lord and Miller were about 2 weeks out from completing their vision of Solo, so the project as a whole was about 80% finished in terms of live action filming. Kathleen Kennedy acted at that point so that L and M wouldnā€™t have to be credited (Guild rules state something like a credit must be given to anyone whom has directed like 85% of a movie - Iā€™m running on memory here so might be wrong - and so the axe fell at the eleventh hour).

Someone get Figrin Dā€™an and The Modal Nodes on the phone!

3 Likes

Do we know anything about what their version was like or why it was ditched (beyond ā€œtoo much humourā€ right?). Iā€™ll probably see it anyway but Iā€™d have been a lot more excited with them at the helm.

Wow, thatā€™s mental.

Tbf thatā€™s the only thing I know too - that they were playing too hard and fast with improv and Disney werenā€™t seeing a ā€˜coherent filmā€™ being brought to life.

Personally Iā€™m glad they went, I donā€™t want a ā€˜comedy SW filmā€™ even if it is a just a spin-off of cash-grabbing proportions.

What historical things do you think weā€™ll see happen in Solo - the Kessel Run? Han winning the Falcon off Lando?

Actually, just thinking about it, I bet we now have a little scene showing Han buying (or hanging) the gold dice. Iā€™m also hoping for some excellent smuggling capers with Chewie being told to ā€œCā€™mon!ā€ as the lasers start to fly :smiley:

From reading a few things, and reading between the lines, I think their pitch was basically the Clint & Clyde films, IN SPACE! (Any Which Way You Han, as itā€™s been punned on throughout the internet), which would have been fine by me, if theyā€™d pulled it off.

1 Like

SPOILER WARNING

Speaking of the Solo movie, the design of the old Millennium Falcon has leakedā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d rather a more comedy one tbh, donā€™t espeically want to see things like the Kessel run actually being shown.

Iā€™m with you - Iā€™d rather the Kessel Run remain confined to peopleā€™s imaginations. Sadly, however, itā€™s one of the first things you automatically think of when considering a Young Han film and so itā€™ll probably be conjured.

2 Likes

Iā€™d put money on it.

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m going to get a bit nerdy here, but the Falcon has always been a modified YT-1000f freighter, and they always had the twin ā€˜mandiblesā€™.

1 Like

That corresponds with how it looks in the ā€œfakeā€ poster that was leaked. Loving the new (old) look

Just realised this image is on the box!

oh god is khaleesi in it?

yeah :frowning:

ooooooooooft

I canā€™t wait for the 6000 reply han solo thread where everyone piles in on it but @ttf loves it :smiley:

26 Likes