14 Mezzanine 7.98
15 100 Broken Windows 7.97
16 Turn On The Bright Lights 7.91
17 The Blue Album 7.71
18 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 7.54
19 Is This It 7.40
20 1989 6.80
21 Definitely Maybe 5.90

It’s time for the big one everyone: Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream. Merry Christmas @TAFH33

0 voters
4 Likes

Bye!

7 Likes

5/10.

Muting thread now.

5 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

16 Likes

Best track:

• Cherub Rock
  • Quiet
  • Today
  • Hummer
  • Rocket
  • Disarm
  • Soma
  • Geek U.S.A
  • Mayonaise
  • Spaceboy
  • Silverfuck
  • Sweet Sweet
  • Luna

0 voters

Mayonaise is amazing.

8 Likes

HGIIR will return on 4th January with one of the following albums:

• Can - Tago Mago
  • Robyn - Body Talk
  • Counting Crows - August And Everything After
  • Jay-Z - The Blueprint
  • Beck - Odelay

0 voters

It’s a 10

3 Likes

A 10 any day of the week.

Soma into Geek USA into Mayonaise is probably the best three-track run of anything ever

7 Likes

I joke and clown on the pumpkins a lot but this is a 10

The endless guitar layering in soma is incredible and easily one of my fav musical production choices of all time

8 Likes

3 I guess.

Today is a banger but my god the album’s such a dull turgid boys’ fretwanking fest innit.

4 Likes

Best song is Hummer.

That outro is absolutely beautiful

7 Likes

This is the worst take you’ve ever had theo

9 Likes

Just listened to this and revising my gut 4 up to a 7. I think I’d genuinely forgotten that the my were a decent band because nearly all my reference points on them have been replaced over time by their ubiquity on these forums as a recurring joke.

2 Likes

10 from me.

There’s just an amazing open heartedness and youthful optimism in it’s sound (lyrics aside); the moments of gorgeous sweeping chorus clean tone guitars that are completely devoid of any cynicism, the huge squealing euphoric lead guitar textures, billy’s voice.

I don’t think it’s perfect, I find Quiet pretty boring and there’s a few too many heavy and generic riffs in the mix but in it’s best moments I’ve not found another album that can hit me on a childlike level. There’s something about the big layered guitars and the thin vocals, drumming that is grounded but just interesting enough to feel like it is flowing and adapting organically to the songs that I haven’t heard replicated by anyone else. Feels like a bigger, more honest and lasting achievement than anything Radiohead have done.

16 Likes

Can’t get through it.

3 is the most generous score I’ve ever given to an album that I find this dull.

The tenest of tens.

3 Likes

Without Cherub Rock they’d be no Wolf Alice.

Straight 10. One of my all-time favourite albums, and the door that opened up a whole lot of other music for me. I may diss the Pumpkins these days, but this is still peerless stuff.

1 Like

Glad someone else feels this way. Not too bothered about geek usa to be honest either. Otherwise though its a great, great album

1 Like