💿 How Good Is It Really 💿 Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

So there we go, Horses is slightly better than Ys. Who knew?:

Leaderboard

Unfortunately, The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads just misses out but don’t worry, we’ve got Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) instead. How good is it really?

0 voters

Best track:

• Bring Da Ruckus
  • Shame On A Nigga
  • Clan In Da Front
  • Wu-Tang: 7th Chamber
  • Can It Be All So Simple
  • Da Mystery Of Chessboxin’
  • Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing Ta F’ Wit
  • C.R.E.A.M.
  • Method Man
  • Protect Ya Neck
  • Tearz
  • Wu-Tang: 7th Chamber - Part II
  • Conclusion

0 voters

No next album poll. HGIIR returns on 2nd August with one of my choices for the 49th thread and then for the 50th thread one of you will be guest host

2 Likes

the best. 10/10, cheers.

17 Likes

Here’s two cover versions / colabs you might not have heard.

Quite often I think this is the best album that anyone has ever made.

9 Likes

A genre and era defining classic and obvious 10 on 10

1 Like

I sometimes think this way and it’s not even my favourite album… it might not even be my favourite Wu Tang related album either but I get what you mean, it’s somehow still the greatest piece of work ever created.

1 Like

RAW IMA GIVE IT TO YA
WITH NO TRIVIA
WE’RE LIKE COCAINE STRAIGHT FROM BOLIVIA

probably the greatest rap album ever. certainly one of the best albums ever made in any genre.

10/10 without a shadow of a doubt

6 Likes

WU-TANG AGAIN!?!

7 Likes

Never understood why the version of Protect Ya Neck on this is censored

1 Like

Always blows my mind that this came out in 1993 as it still sounds so fresh today and was so different to everything else that came out around that time.

It pushed hip-hop forward by lightyears and most rappers are still catching up.

The highest of 10’s

5 Likes

Weird how used to the censored version I am now. It was uncensored on the 12", but I like ODBs verse with the censoring for some reason. Makes it sound even more bonkers.

4 Likes

Don’t think I can think of an album in any genre that is better than this, just a handful that are maybe as good.

I think there are technically better Wu-Tang albums - RZA got better at producing post this album, Ghostface was nowhere near his rapping peak, there is also some dead wood like U-God - but none of them have quite the same raw energy.

2 Likes

Someone asked me to recommend a Wu-Tang solo album recently and I suggested Supreme Clientele. They said they had to stop listening as it was “too much” and “I don’t understand any of this.” I just said that’s why I love it!

11 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. Ghostface has a few that are technically better and Raekwon - only built for Cuban linx too.

I don’t think any of them have the same level of energy and excitement though which makes this the most special to me.

1 Like
2 Likes

bit harsh, obvs he’s the worst one but his verse on chessboxin is still a lot of fun!

3 Likes

:rofl: Same!

If you’re stuck for something to read, the U-God book is worth a look. Some many lines that had been in my head for decades suddenly made sense.

1 Like